This on-demand, self paced course includes online video lessons, downloadable note sheets, practice exercises, and knowledge checks.
This CE course is approved by NBHWC for 8 continuing education units. (CEP #100096)
BONUS: Optional live structured practice sessions will be available to course participants monthly via Zoom meetings to support your learning and skill development. These will be eligible for additional CE credit with no additional cost to students and graduates of this course.
Monthly "Office Hours" are also available for participants to ask questions, practice skills, and interact with other students.
Participants are welcome to join the course Facebook group where they can ask questions, share wins, and support each other in the growth process anytime.
Upon completion of this course, the coach will be able to::
- Explain the key concepts of "MI Spirit"
- Elicit change talk from clients using the core MI skills. (OARS)
- Assist clients to resolve their own ambivalence so they can move forward toward their chosen health or wellness goal.
- Demonstrate reflective listening to build rapport and draw out the client's own motivation and goals.
- Share information and advice in an MI-consistent manner that honors the client's autonomy.
- Utilize the 4 processes of MI to guide clients toward their chosen outcomes.
The course is self-paced, but because MI is a skill and one module builds on another, it is recommended that consistent effort be applied and the course be completed within 3-6 months of purchase.
For information about the instructor, click here.
Refund policy: Online courses are not refundable once started. If you are unsatisfied with the course for any reason, please contact [email protected].