This course will be available on May 11, 2020 and include online video lessons, practice exercises, and knowledge checks. Optional practice/Q&A sessions will be available at least twice per month via Zoom meetings.
Upon completion of this course, the coach will be able to::
- Explain the key concepts of "MI Spirit"
- Elicit change talk from clients using the core MI skills. (OARS)
- Assist clients to resolve their own ambivalence so they can move forward toward their chosen health or wellness goal.
- Demonstrate reflective listening to build rapport and draw out the client's own perspective and goals.
- Share information and advice in an MI-consistent manner that honors the client's autonomy.
- Utilize the 4 processes of MI to guide clients toward their chosen outcomes.
The course is self-paced, but must be completed within 6 months of purchase.
This CE course is approved by NBHWC for 8 continuing education units. (CEP #100096)